Found in the dark corners of time (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, October 04, 2021, 00:33 (928 days ago)

The Vault of Glass raid will forever be intermingled in my mind with the “Good Times™” here at DBO. It was the first activity in which I got to play alongside you all. It was the host of the Flawless raider saga that saw us play nearly every other night for three weeks or so, as we bashed our heads against a buggy, herculean task, and eventually emerged triumphant.

I really, really like VoG. It is a substantial part of why I got to meet people here, and kept playing Destiny after the first few weeks. I like it so much that I have spent a cumulative 9 days doing nothing but that raid, during which I’ve killed Atheon 166 times.

Members of DBO, some familiar, and some whose names I’ve known for years and yet never played with, answered my call and ran me through Destiny 2’s VoG on Saturday. But also Sunday.

I live in New Zealand, time zones are complicated.

[image]

This is the first time I’ve been “coached” through a whole raid. I have new sympathy for people who experience raids this way- it’s way too much information to digest and process in a short time, and I froze up a couple times when I had a role to play, causing a wipe. In my books, that’s just another reason I enjoy blind raiding- you organically figure out the mechanics by repetition, and by the time you beat it you’ve got the details locked down.

Speaking of, figuring out the gatekeeper mechanics must have been a pain, what with the constant swapping of who has the relic and all.

Some short takeaways from the run:

So, yeah. Vault of Glass. Still a great time! I wanna do it again next week.

Oh, and I will never get tired of watching Claude fly across the room into Atheon:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread