Had a blast! (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 04, 2021, 14:10 (934 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I understand your argument for blind raiding... but one of the biggest changes in Destiny since you were a regular is the sheer quantity of content available. I mean, yeah, sure, you can focus on one thing and get good at it (and as you noticed, you don't have far to go to get good at any of the new stuff in VoG, because your foundation is pretty damned solid)... but NOT getting coached through a raid that isn't new requires 5 other people who are patient enough to let you learn by doing what they already know. :)

I don't think you could find those five people, and the fun of it is solving it together regardless. Blind raiding with one person who's not blind might be possible, but still requires reservoirs of patience few mortals have.

(I know you weren't suggesting we should have done it that way. I'm just saying that's the tradeoff when you come back at a time when something isn't brand-new for everyone.)

I'm saddened by how much of the 'free-to-play' game isn't really free - or, more specifically, that they've built a modular game with a free foundation, but they don't let you buy modules. They're treating it like the cable companies do - and that makes me sad.

I'd love to keep playing with you, even though time zones are hard! :)

(Not just timezones. Voice chat can be hard, too. Part of me was sad that Lars couldn't hear/talk to us, because he was using a type of mic that isn't supported by the new cross-platform chat functionality... and another part of me is remembering Louis CK's "Everything is amazing and nobody is happy" discussion and berating myself for my sense of entitlement.)

We're in a chair in the sky!

Cyber, I think the raids (especially DSC) and dungeons (three-man raids) are worth the price of admission, but I realize you have other reasons not to go all in.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread