PvP Resilience Study (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Saturday, October 16, 2021, 12:53 (920 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think that’s what I’m asking. If stats don’t matter much, it would seem stacking resilience to survive an extra shot would be the largest advantage.

I think what I was trying to say earlier, is that none of the stats will help you if your decision making is poor. If you are getting into lots of 1v1s where things are coming down to who has more Resilience, you aren't playing Destiny the way it should be played.

That being said, since you have stats, you might as well use them, so what should you prioritize? Well, what I'm saying is that Destiny is best played as a pace and movement game. You want to be able to get to your spots fast, you want to be able to re-enter the next fight faster, and you want to make your opponents uncomfortable by whatever means necessary. For me, that means Mobility, Recovery, and Intellect are the most important, especially on Hunter where your dodge cooldown is tied to Mobility. Discipline and Strength also make a lot of sense for certain "builds". Resilience is just at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to prioritizing smart, aggressive play that puts pressure on your opponent to make mistakes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread