The Uncharted movie trailer. (Off-Topic)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, October 22, 2021, 09:31 (916 days ago) @ cheapLEY

This film looks absolutely terrible.

I agree with the Wahlberg criticism--I wasn't absolutely sure he was Sully until he was referred to as such (and I generally really like MW).

To be honest, though, with the exception of Uncharted 4, I was never very invested in the world or characters or story telling. Uncharted seemed like a elevator pitch, especially the first few. Let's make Raiders/Tomb Raider and insert 80s action movie tropes and set pieces throughout. They got better and better at it (such that none of it felt like a quicktime game at the end), but it's not surprising that in 2020 Hollywood some brave risktaker (<--sarcasm) bankrolled an action movie based on a proven IP that is itself a game version of popular movies. The games are fun and should be played, and maybe this movie will be fun and should be watched, if you're not concerned with canon.

I would have preferred they made this earlier, while Nathan Fillion was younger. That fan film proved he could perfectly fill the shoes of Indiana Jones 2.0 (and he made a good Han 2.0, too).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread