Some thanks, and early thoughts on DSC (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 02, 2021, 20:40 (877 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Kermit, Tuesday, November 02, 2021, 20:46

When DSC came out, it was distinctly different from every raid that came before it:

Once you'd leveled up, the bottleneck was coordination only.

(All raids have a high level of coordination needed - I don't think DSC was worse than others, in this context. What made it different was that you were, for the most part, focusing on that coordination, not splitting your attention between the coordination and the difficulty of the enemies.)

What made it different was that the enemies were not particularly difficult to stay on top of.

Sometime after it came out (maybe when Beyond Light dropped? I'm not sure), this changed. Enemies are now an actual challenge, so DSC has gone from one of the most accessible raids to one of the least accessible ones. Just checked Raid Report, and my last two attempts were failures - I have to go back 36 weeks to find another failure.

I don't know why this is, but I'm sad about it.

It definitely seemed harder to me, but I assumed it was because we were playing with a combination of players who hadn't played together before (and had not run this raid in a while) as opposed to a team that ran it together every week, and knew what to do to the point that it barely needed discussion.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread