It does make sense. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, November 04, 2021, 15:20 (897 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Bungie is or at least was too smart for this. Tech, markets, and preferences change so rapidly. They’ve never been one to chase others, but have others chase them. By the time a hero shooter were done it’d be too late. If it is a hero shooter, it’s going to have that Bungie spin that makes it almost a new thing.

One would hope, but I don't think I'd be up for it regardless, and it's not just that I'm not so much into multiplayer.

What's always been most interesting to me about video games is their potential as a story telling medium. I know you have strong opinions about this subject, but for me, part of what attracted me to Bungie in the first place was that it was the game company that told quality stories. Maybe not always great, but not dumb, like, say, Doom. (I admit I have a somewhat uninformed prejudice against Doom. Plus, Bungie was a Mac developer, and the Mac snobbery was strong in me--I assumed that all software not on Mac was butt-ugly and unimaginative. My limited exposure to Doom confirmed this bias.)

A Bungie game without a story isn't really a Bungie game. [Insert snarky comment about Destiny's failures here.]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread