I hate managing my play (Criticism)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, November 19, 2021, 11:17 (887 days ago) @ kidtsunami

My only worry is how this is going to affect my armor stats and how much it’s going to take to get appropriate sets if it really fucks something up.

Yeah, there's an additional quote on Reddit from a Bungie employee about how they want us to lean more in to specific builds to help us regen abilities faster. To that I say, sounds interesting, except that creating builds in-game right now is like doing a slide puzzle (or worse) every time you want to change something.

Also, won't this exacerbate the gulf between the have and have-nots? If I'm getting my grenade back instantly due to a series of complex interactions between mods, and another player has to wait 2 minutes every time to throw a grenade, that sounds like a frustration point to me.

Not because I dislike carefully crafting my build. I just have no damn way of keeping up with spec'ing my build for the activity in question:

• is it Fallen, Vex, Cabal, Taken, the Scorn?
  • what modifiers are there? any champions?
  • Is there a bounty for using fusion rifles? Ok I'll get that, but if I do that

a 100 mod swaps, a few dips back into the vault, and oops that was the time I had to play that night.

They've got a plane's instrument panel level of build tweaking to do and it is getting tedious.

This is one of my (if not the) oldest rants with Destiny. I should not need a 3rd party tool (let alone a suite) to play the game. We should have some sort of user capable ORGANIZATION by now, which has since been compounded by build-crafting. I should be able to use the game to play the game, "crazy" I know. Modern Game-Dev would be impossible with out Jira and other organizational tools because THERE ARE SO MANY BLASTED ASSETS! Sound familiar? How many Exotics and Mods are we at now? Legendary and Consumables? Energy Types... all of it, with more to come. And to think! Over half a decade later, a bunch of game devs who say that they play their game would still allow this to... No. NO! Down INSANEdrive.

*Spritz spritz*

*Grrrr*

Don't you growl in third person to yourself. I know where you sleep lil'mister. Growl at me again and you lose your pudding privileges for a week. Sheesh. (Heavens I'm so weird, lol, it's great. :D)

I have an extensive rant (with solutions) in the wind for this, but I've chosen to wait till after Witch Queen.

I just want to play, I shouldn't need to open YET ANOTHER Excel sheet to get anything done, SO-THAT-I-CAN-PLAY.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread