I think I’m with you. (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Wednesday, December 08, 2021, 09:58 (863 days ago) @ cheapLEY

And that’s before we get to the writing, which is fucking atrocious. It’s seriously fucking awful. It’s like try hard Borderlands. Was this written by an eleven year old? The fact that a grown ass adult wrote this, thought it was good, and put it into a video game makes me question everything I like about the story and presentation of Destiny.

I thought it was funny, but maybe that's not the best endorsement.

I was grinding out Strange Coins to get horse bounties so I could start the Forerunner quest . . . after my fifth run I had the epiphany that I was having zero fun and was fantasizing about playing Warframe instead. I was doing an activity I actively disliked in order to get a gun just so that I would have it. What the fuck am I doing? And that’s the experience I’ve had every season while working through the seasonal activities.

I agree we are forced to overplay the seasonal activities. I personally really make an effort to avoid grinding single activities for too long - it truly makes you hate things. This of course sometimes delays receiving the loot you are coveting.

I already bought Witch Queen, and I’ll play it, but I think I’m done with the Destiny day to day. Maybe I’ll play the big expansion every year and call it there.

Did you get the Dungeon? I'd recommend it, our blind run was really fun last night.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread