New Halo TV series trailer. (Off-Topic)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, January 30, 2022, 15:45 (816 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It looks incredibly expensive, and somehow also like it was made on a tiny budget.

I think most of the costume design looks pretty good. That Spartan armor looks as good as could realistically be expected, I think, but it still looks fake and cheap. The CGI is the same way. It looks fine, but undoubtedly like a TV show. This was always going to be difficult, but it seems like they could have made smarter decisions while filming or something to not make it so in your face.

Well, yes, but my mental gag reflex is more due to the perception of its substance than the actual look. Honestly, I don't really care if it looks like a sci-fi tv movie (not saying it is! just an example). I'm not asking for Lord Of the Rings, just don't be the Hobbit (movie). But right now, and I had this dread when this was announced, risks can not be taken, even for the things that are being made. And... as a person whom tends to enjoy the variety, long time halo fan, it just makes me sad to see everything so different look so the same.

Is there even anything to say in this Halo series? Or is it just, hur dur strong man do flip and make explosion. Another soulless corpse doing the same technicolor dance we can find without searching for it at this point. Plus, the memberberrie fan service, presented without understanding WHY. Just a big ol' dad joke placed upon nostalgia.

...but... I'm ranting. I'll shut up now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread