New Halo TV series trailer. (Off-Topic)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Sunday, January 30, 2022, 19:47 (810 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Vortech, Sunday, January 30, 2022, 19:52

Seems like I'm making a lot of "write your story for the medium" posts this week but…yeah.

This isn't for me. I don't mean its not to my taste. I mean it was designed for someone else who is not someone like me. Not someone who does not need a introduction to who Master Chief is, or what a Spartan is. Not me who already had a moral journey about Halsey and what she did. Someone for whom every one point one seen in the world triggers memories.

So all that's left for me to ask is "will it succeed at what it wants to be?" Based on that trailer, it seems like their reach exceeds their grasp, and yet simultaneously, They don't want it to be a spectacular. It's trope after trope so familiarity is important for them, but also it's Clearly not designed to feel be Halo from the setting to the time to the character and volume of the Chiefs dialog.

I can't help but know for a fact that this would have been better if they set it in the world of Halo but not centered on the Master Chief. That they didn't;t is going to make it hard for me to see this as anything other then them following the safe money even when that leads to bad decisions creatively and in terms of quality.

It's just a trailer, so who knows. Shame they could not launch it while a lot of people will be trying to figure out how to use the rest of a Paramount+ subscription month after the NFL playoffs. Shrug.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread