Just some of a TL;DR - 3rd of Feb TWAB, 2022 (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, February 04, 2022, 15:06 (805 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I still don't like the idea of rewarding people who prove their competency with things that make them that much better than people who don't HAVE that competency... but that's more about me than fairness, I guess. :)

That seems a little silly to me. Take that to the extreme—why do headshots reward more damage in the first place then?

I guess I was thinking more about the extreme examples - Shayura's Wrath (Adept) is pretty much the deadliest submachine gun out there - but you can only get it if you're good enough to go Flawless in Trials. If you're already that good, why do you need the best-in-class gun, too?

Again, if you can’t get headshots, why would you even want Rapid Hit? Just pick another perk.

Well, I sort of get your point in general, but this example is a bad one. :)

For me, at least, getting the FIRST headshot is much easier than getting SUBSEQUENT headshots - and that's partly because I often have time to line up that first shot. Once the shooting is going, though, recoil and such makes it harder to follow up with more precision hits - Rapid Hit solves this EXACT PROBLEM.

::shrug::

Maybe it's just me. :)

I would just like to see more connection between the things I’m doing and my personal play style and the rewards in the game. I don’t think it needs to be extreme, but Destiny already has a long list of objectives exactly like example I gave. Look at the Luna’s Howl quest or even Thorn.

I’m tired of “Get kills or complete activities.” It’s just boring design.

I get this. I even agree with it, in theory. I just don't like the whole 'rich getting richer' side effect.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread