Mind sharing? (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, February 24, 2022, 06:19 (792 days ago) @ squidnh3

This is the first time I'm trying to spec out a well build and I'm a bit lost.

Right now the 5 combat mods I'm using are:
Reaping Wellmaker (void wells on kills after class ability use)
Well of Tenacity (picking up a void well reduces damage to you by 50%)
Elemental Charge (picking up a well matching subclass grants +2 charged with light)
High Energy Fire (25% buff to outgoing damage while charged with light)
Elemental Ordnance (grenade kills spawn a well that matches subclass)

I'm also using the Dragon's Shadow exotic with the Quickfall aspect and Gambler's Dodge for constant dodging and invisibility and weakening of enemies.

I run a hybrid mod build like this with Elemental Charge and High Energy Fire, but I use Font of Might and Font of Wisdom. I end up with increased ability and super regen most of the time, and stacking Font of Might and High Energy Fire is mainly because I'll swap to a high DPS weapon like shotgun/fusion/rocket to expend my Charge of Light, but I can still swap back to my primary and enjoy Font of Might's damage buff on my primary.

Well of Tenacity is a very solid choice.

And don't forget the essential difference between Elemental Armaments and Ordnance is that a grenade kill spawns a well 100% of the time, while Armaments only gives an escalating chance at spawning a well. There's plenty to be said for either, but if you run an elemental primary, I feel like that gets you a lot more chances at spawning a well even though it isn't 100% of the time, because you have to be regenning grenades at a serious pace if you want to keep your Well perks proc'ed all the time.

Edit: My Graviton Forfeit is stuck to my head, since I can spec Void Hunter to grant invis/truesight on ability kills. I've been pairing that a lot with Rat King (shocker) for obvious reasons, but with how handy the Glaive has turned out to be, I'm often carrying one or the other, with a long range primary.

~Mal

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread