Charged & Uncharged Melee (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, February 28, 2022, 07:37 (788 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I know, that’s what causes the issue.

The Glaive melee is mapped to the Uncharged Melee command. I have that set to B, so that I can choose between an actual melee and throwing a Smoke Grenade. However, it feels like crap to have to use B instead of the right bumper to melee with the Glaive. Swapping the buttons for charged and uncharged melee doesn’t work, either, because then I can’t properly aim where I’m throwing Smoke Grenades.

Jumping in here. With this post, I'm now returning in full circle. I was going to keep this for the big ol' post of thoughts, but it's too good to keep. I think I finally cracked it. I figured out the controller scheme. And yeah, I've gotta long story about how I got there, but here is the short version (if only because I'm so hyped that I think I've solved this).

After trying to smoke bomb, and ending up knifing against "an in-your-face crowd", I once again decided to give this "separated melee scheme" a go. And like each other time I found an issue in each and every combo, be it causing command hiccups or being unusable between the different styles of melee. Often where one command style might work on one melee style variant (such as throwable), it would often be basically unusable with another (charged). Or at least it would feel awful to use.

And then it occurred to me, the only reason we're even playing around with the controls is because sometimes Automatic Melee doesn't understand the difference in our command needs. Therefore, we don't need two different controls, what we need is a command override.

It's only been a few days, and there could be some freek'n hiccup SOMEwhere that I've not yet observed, but I don't think (unless we get more buttons with separated commands) it's going to get any closer then this.

TL;DR;

Automatic Melee - Whatever preferred button of your choice.
Charged Melee - "Aim Command" + the same as Automatic Melee. (Combo of two buttons pressed.)

And... that's it! Uncharged Melee isn't even filled in.

You just use your melee as you have before this whole scheme was broken apart. Up close - melee, far away - power melee. One button. But in those cases where "GET OUT OF MY FACE" needs a little emphasis, instead of firing your gun down sight, you fire your (throwable) melee.

boom.

[image]

DID THIS MAN JUST SOLVE IT?! I THINK 'e might'uv! YEA!

Isn't that just good! It's so SIMPLE (naturally)! :D I'M GON' CRAZY OVER HERE!!!! XDDDD

(Let me know if this works for y'all too.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread