So how was the raid? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, March 07, 2022, 09:48 (773 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I watch some of the race on Saturday. It looks more similar to Last Wish than anything else in terms of needing callouts. Can’t say I’m a huge fan of the aesthetic, either.

It might still be fun to play, but it didn’t look great based on just watching some of it.

It was pretty fun to play. I actually thought it was quite beautiful, in its way.

I don't want to get into direct comparisons, because of spoilers for people who haven't tried it yet... but I was thinking a bit about Last Wish as a comparison, too - the difference (in my head) is that you need to keep track of MORE bits of information at any given time here than you did in LW. (LW had places where you needed to be familiar with a collection of items, so that you could recognize them and call them out when prompted... but at any given time, you really only needed to keep track of one thing. I suppose you could say that in the Vault, you needed to keep track of three plates, and which of two states each of those plates were in... but that's pretty much the limit of the complications in LW. That's substantially fewer bits to juggle than we faced this weekend.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread