So how was the raid? (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, March 07, 2022, 10:01 (773 days ago) @ bluerunner

I watch some of the race on Saturday. It looks more similar to Last Wish than anything else in terms of needing callouts. Can’t say I’m a huge fan of the aesthetic, either.

It might still be fun to play, but it didn’t look great based on just watching some of it.

I love the aesthetic, feels like a creepy museum.

Fortunately,there is a room before the first official encounter that has a tutorial for the symbol callouts. If you walk up to each symbol it shows the name by your radar.

The overall theme of the campaign was "memory", so it seems fitting that the raid puzzles rely a lot on remembering things. We resorted to pulling up a chart someone had made and studying it to remember names, and marking them off as we needed them. It's just that after 8 hours of trying to remember patterns, they all run together. I can see too that guiding new players along will take some tutorial time with the symbols. At least Bungie gave us official names to work with.

We haven't finished. We figured out the mechanics of the first? boss fight. The contest mode handicap was just holding us back.

I have enjoyed it so far. I would rank it along with Last Wish. Not my absolute favorite, but it's not bad.

Can someone solo to this room as prep?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread