Spoiler-Free thoughts on the Silent Hill Dungeon. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, May 28, 2022, 11:59 (698 days ago)

First things first, folks online have been complaining (as they do) about the Armor sets. And while yeah, it's fairly obvious that they were likely swapped out with the Battle Pass Ornament set for whatever reason, I think they look neat. And the flavor text isn't too far off from what you're doing in the Dungeon, so... Closer to Halo era designs is a win in my book. The weapons look great, even though they conspicuously match the aesthetic of the BP ornament set. I'm loving the Grenade Launcher that I got from the first encounter (even though it has a Blast Radius of 0, lol. Literally 0). I would have killed for it to be a Stasis Wave GL, however, but eh, it is what it is.

Anyway, I think this dungeon is quite fun, and while it's definitely designed to be possible to Solo (good news, Insane)! The demands that it makes of you (and each person in your fireteam) are steep. Especially given that it seems to scale with Fireteam size.
That said, it seems to be incredibly forgiving compared to stuff like the Legend campaign, with how revives and damage cycles work throughout, and how you do get moments to breathe, regroup, and re-arm between cycles. Not having revive Tokens feels pretty essential to the success of this Dungeon in terms of how people feel about it.

And the fact that each encounter is farmable is great. I think this is a good direction for Bungie to take (especially compared to the lame Vox Oscura.

Also, without spoiling anything, Insane, the bit in your fireteam event that says "And, as far as I can tell, bring plenty of add-clear", made me giggle. You'll see.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread