Spoiler-Free thoughts on the Silent Hill Dungeon. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, May 28, 2022, 22:30 (669 days ago) @ Korny

We made it to the final encounter tonight, but, again, I just hit the wall because of my light level. Being -10 is totally fine, feels almost perfect as far as difficulty. I have to use all of my tools to both survive and handle the things I need to do, but I can do it. The forgiving death mechanics through lack of tokens or wipe timers for deaths helps a ton here. Being at -20, though, just isn't feasible for me. I can survive, but that's all I can do. The freaking dogs basically one shot me at that point, then add in snipers and incenerators and all sorts of other shit, and all I could manage was running circles and staying alive.

Still, this dungeon rules. I think it's honestly one of the best things Bungie has ever put into Destiny. I'm genuinely surprised at the popular reaction to it and lots of folks saying it's too hard. I'm so happy there's finally something that feels appropriately difficult, and that it's not difficult just because of Contest Mode and forced Champion loadouts. This is peak Destiny and I still find myself wishing more of the game felt like this.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread