What's up with Iron Banner? (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Tuesday, June 07, 2022, 08:04 (688 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I legitimately just want to know why. Like, they’re the new hot subclasses—I don’t think players need any more incentive to engage with them.

I desperately want to enjoy the game like I used to, and this season has given me some of that. But then these challenges happen and it’s like the game refuses to even meet me half way.

I gotta say this comes across as a little overly critical. These are not the super-onerous challenges of old, like, "Get 3 Heavy kills in a match you also win" or "100 ability kills" right after they nerfed super regen. It's just "Play Iron Banner with our cool new subclasses!". I feel like they are meeting you well over halfway, I would say like 7/8 of the way. Anything less and it's "here's something for doing absolutely nothing".

Maybe I'm just biased from having a blast rocking Gunslinger w/ a good super again. I played 16 matches last night and popping my super and getting a triple kill with exploding Golden Gun shots to help the rift runner score wasn't getting old.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread