THAB--Iron Banner Changes, new game mode. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 04, 2022, 20:37 (629 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Next season, Iron Banner will be a game mode called Eruption. It's Clash mixed with Juggernaut from Halo.

[image]
"We will watch your career with great interest"

They also hint at Season 19's Iron Banner mode:

We will definitely come back to Control and Rift for Iron Banner in the future but expect a familiar mode with a unique experience in Season 19.

Anyone have any ideas? Supremacy?

Next, a new Exotic Weapon Ornament. The community will vote for either Arbalest, Sweet Business, or Rat King to get a new ornament, which will be designed by a community artist.

Here is a quick look at the full process:

• Community votes on which Exotic to pick through email starting on August 16.
  • Community artist creates three weapon ornament concepts for the winning Exotic.
  • Community votes to pick their favorite weapon ornament concept.
  • Winning weapon ornament goes into production and is released in-game as early as Season 21.

Agree with the (reddit) community that the selection here is... odd. Arbalest is the most used by a long shot, and so naturally will by all odds get the vote. Or, as this post put it...

Bungie with the most convoluted way ever to be like “hey guys we’re making an arbalest ornament”

And it's a shame, as... Rat King, while it already has a number of skins, they are all re-colorings. Now that I finally have the catalyst for this darn thing (Thanks again Morpheus!), I can say that once you get it, the weapon becomes whole different monster. The exotic suddenly goes from "Team Only" to a well rounded Lone or Team Exotic. Being able to cloak on command (which can be boosted by Void 3.0) and instantly start health re-gen is such a game changer. I'd really like to see this weapon get some of the fan fair it deserves though the exposure this "contest" would bring, but... oh well.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread