Nope, but... *Threadjack* (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 17:01 (609 days ago) @ Morpheus

I did buy the Destiny one a while back, and this thread reminded me that I never even cracked it open, so I decided to change that this week and have made two things so far!

MONDAY

Monday's meal was the Chicken-fried Steak:
[image]

Which first requires you to make Sausage Gravy:
[image]

[image][image][image][image]

[image]
Easy! (Do note that they ask for way too little milk. I added a quarter of a cup more and still got thicc gravy)

Now for the steak:
[image]

Step 1 is to make entirely too much flour mix. Like easily twice as much as you need for some reason:
[image]

Same for the other two stations; like why so much? Who knows! I'm trusting the process:
[image]

Speaking of which, the recipe asks for Beef Top Round Steak, instead of Cube Steak, which I would prefer (yeah, yeah, nit-picking with country-fried, but they're asking you to make milanesa, basically). The Process!
[image][image][image][image]

[image][image]

Add some steamed veggies (With two tablespoons of butter for a good 'ol Southern artery clog) and a Honey-roasted biscuit, and you're done!
[image]

8/10 recipe.
The meat choice was weird, and the miscalculated ingredient portions could use a down-sizing, but it was quick and easy to make! If you're sticking to the recipe, I recommend you think of "tenderize" as "so many holes you can see through the meat", and you'll likely be happier. I also recommend using a lower heat, to make sure that the meat has time to cook throughout. The sausage gravy was pretty great, but like, it's hard to screw up gravy.
And there's not a huge mess left over when you're done!
[image]

TUESDAY

Le Monarque
Fancy name for a fairly simple sandwich!
[image][image]

The recipe is totally vague on what kind of ham you should use, so I used roast beef slices lol... Also topped it with prosciutto, to honor the French nature of House Meyrin (lol).
[image]

[image][image]

Sandwich!
[image]

8/10 recipe.
My only issue with the recipe was the feeling that something was missing. I ate it with alfalfa sprouts, which helped; Sammy ate hers with a whole pickle, because of course she did... but I feel like some fried tomato in the center would have elevated the whole thing. If I make the recipe again (pretty likely!), I'll do that. And I'd never used Gruyere cheese before, but it's totally on my list of cheeses to buy more often. I did see a weird-looking "Cave-aged" one at the store, which I'm scared of, tho...

Anyway, good stuff from the cookbook so far! Love that almost all recipes are confined to a single page, and there's quite a bit of variety in the type of foods from around the world (why did I, who live in the South, start off with a recipe from the South? Who knows!).
Yay! I think today I'll make a steak recipe...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread