Remember Destiny… and how much of it ruled? (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 09:17 (546 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Flawless Raider.

Solo Flawless Dungeons are the new hotness.

First Lighthouse Visit.

D2 Lighthouse is nice, but I wish it had been a social space, or a more explorable one, at least.

The initial sense of Awe

Maybe I’m weird, but Destiny has never once triggered a sense of awe for me. That said, seeing that Hive god eating power juice inside the pyramid is a heck of a skybox.

Destroyo getting dropped while we were ringing the bells

Funny how many more individual-focused memories you can make when you actually play with other individuals. Just last night we learned a lot about “Chickens’ Coop”. Many deaths.

Whisper of the Worm

Yeah, discovery of a dungeon was neat, and the “just a little further” nature of the short timer was novel, but Dungeons since have been so much better (except that Shattered Throne one. Ugh).

"I won't die the same way twice"

Raids are still fun, even if they’ve long lost their appeal and unique feeling.

Music of the Spheres

Was never great. There are like two good tracks, the rest is just generic wah wah.
There have been some really cool music since, though. You should have been around for season of the Splicer!

Hawkmoon / Redrix's Claymore

Those were nice, but we’ve since had Mountaintop, Messenger, Recluse, and outside-the-norm weapons and perks that have made the game way more interesting; Chain Reaction on a wave frame launcher? Kill Clip on a bow? Voltshot on a Sniper? The sandbox is the best it’s ever been. Look no further than the streamers crying about how their HC+Shotgun combo isn’t destroying everyone like it used to be since there are tons of options against it now.

Beating the King's Fall Bosses blind

Again, Dungeons take that, make it more intimate, and you have to be far more involved with the mechanics than in a raid, where you may never interact with another’s role.
Duality may have been the best dungeon in Destiny so far, and definitely more satisfying than a raid.

Thorn in PvP

Bawlz Build. That’s all I have to say about that.

Even though I don't play… lots stays with me in my memory.

Shake a fist at the clouds all you want, man, but the memories and great times keep coming with this game.
You’re missing out.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread