SUPER Fun Experience. (Gaming)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, November 03, 2022, 19:28 (533 days ago) @ Cody Miller

343 wasn't afraid to take Halo to new arenas, and I think FR paid off hugely. They had some machines set up in the VIP lounge during Outpost Discovery, and they were set to free play(NOICE). So I got to play the whole thing. What I thought was super cool was that you could use your phone to save your progress and stats and stuff! Unfortunately, the reader on that machine wasn't working, so I don't have a record. ;-(

Pretty much agreeing with everyone here, the game was fun, challenging but not ridiculous, and a surprisingly well executed gamble. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at one thing though, even though I understand why they did it. At least once in each level, there's a cutscene segment in between rooms where continuity is ripped to shreds and the Chief shows up on the screen doing something heroic right in front of this fireteam; and it was sadly obvious that they put those in so that you could go "OH MY GAWL, ITZ CHEEF JUS LIEK THE HALOZ, FANGASM!", as if Halo fans wouldn't touch it without John's green butt print all over it.

That game was a blast to play though, and it used a great deal of Halo lore for the veterans, but made it accessible to newbies as well. I'd love to find a machine with a working scanner, so I can upload some stats to my Waypoint page. ;-)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread