The thing Strand has going for it. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, February 08, 2023, 14:42 (440 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I would have much rather seen them work towards elemental interactions than a new subclass. It’ll never happen, of course, but it’d make for a far more interesting game. Strand seems fine, neat even, but it’s doesn’t look to be doing much new (outside of the grapple, obviously). It looks like it leans into crowd control. That’s great, but we don’t need stasis but green with some weaken and suppression mixed in.

I’m not as down on it as that all makes it seem, but they could be do something much more interesting than just adding a new element.

Based on all the interviews, Strand is much more of a "Team Work" stasis. It's the reason why Warmind Calls are being removed, as that loop has now been re-purposed into various bits of Strand class play. Otherwise, I'd agree it sure looks like more of the same on the surface of it. Really curious to see how Strand plays with everything else too, as... if it IS much more of "Team Work" emphasis, what happens if you're the only person running it? How can folks play with it then?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread