Happy launch day thoughts! (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, March 01, 2023, 09:21 (421 days ago) @ Korny

Between Not-Rohan having a (literally?) phoned-in voice actor and even lazier writing (Woo-hoo? Stay Frosty?), I feel like I dodged a bullet this expansion. Bungie's been bad at dialogue since day 1, but I wish one day someone would look at a storyboard, doctor a script, punch up some dialogue, and tighten up the graphics on Level 3 when it comes to storytelling.
I can NOT believe that something as abysmal as Atomic Heart has more cohesive and layered storytelling than Destiny's big expansion. Like... Jesus Bungie.
Have any of their writers ever heard a real conversation between two people? Are these people that introverted?

Ok, so caveat: I haven't played this game in over 4 years.

But, from what I see and hear, I think it all goes back to Destiny not really being about anything. Like, it has stakes. It has stuff happening. But it just always seems like the characters are there to give you the plot, rather than being an inseparable part of the narrative. So they probably have terrible dialogue because they genuinely do not have anything to actually talk about.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread