Old Man Pants on an Old Dredgen. (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 10:05 (338 days ago) @ Morpheus

Let me just hike these up to my chest first.

Gambit may be down a rough path(with it losing Prime and a good what, half of its maps?), but as the experiment it was, I personally think it was a good idea! I enjoy Gambit(unless my team wastes invasions or doesn't play), and even if I didn't, I'd at least show respect towards its unique ambitions.

I don't think there's any "may" about it. Motes sink into the geometry, motes fly off the map, Primevals will often wander off the dias (I think mobile bosses would be a good change, but they clearly didn't intend for that here, the pathing just gets broken, and more often lately than it used to). And that's without mentioning the fact of the three-map shuffle we've been playing since a completely unacceptable number of expansions ago.

I loved Prime, I loved the Reckoning, and everything they were trying to do with it. I think their only mistake was that it was too much too soon, and the audience didn't have the patience to keep at it. I still miss the bridge fight in the Reckoning.

So yeah, IMO Gambit is a good gametype, and no, people shouldn't give up on it. Neither should Bungie.

I couldn't agree more, in fact I think they should lean into it, create larger maps with Sparrows, etc. Lots of mechanics already present in Destiny could be retooled to make it a deeper experience, if that's what they feel it needs. I just don't get the lack of maps, or even patches to address clearly broken things like the sinking motes.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread