Bravo! (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, April 27, 2023, 04:49 (365 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The second there are rewards tied to the mode (but not tied to winning, doing well, or even participating in good faith), all hope of it actually providing a good experience went out the window. This is true of everything in Destiny, in general. It’s the reason we saw the emblem matching thing in Trials, and loss farming in Iron Banner. It’s a fundamental problem with Destiny.

I don't entirely disagree here, but I want to understand your reasoning a bit better.

That’s before even discussing the fact that Gambit is complex enough to need a team supporting it full time, and it’s been years since it got any real support, meaning it’s a mode that will never live up to its actual potential.

And this. So much this. For a few years, I believed that Gambit was going to be a main focus of the live team, since PvP and PvE aspects were at play, but obviously that wasn't true. I'm intensely curious as to how it's regarded internally, since I've never seen Bungie let something as egregious and gametype-breaking as the sinking motes issue persist for this long.

Time will tell, I suppose?

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread