Really putting their best foot forward with this one . . . (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 11:37 (151 days ago) @ ManKitten

I don't see anything wrong with them selling that pack. Buy it or don't.

And that’s the reason Destiny is the game it is. No one sees a problem with paying nearly 1/3 the price of a brand new video game for shit that just exists in the game you own.

This isn't a Destiny problem, it's a gaming problem. CoD has 10 bundles like this for sale at any given time. But CoD has always been like this. Destiny has become this. They are just catching up with the times.

Not all Microtransactions are created equal, though. CoD bundles are all exclusive gear, finishers, skins, customizables, unlocks, and currencies. You generally can't get them anywhere else. It's sometimes frustrating ("pay-to-win" packs have always divided the playerbase), but more often it's just another avenue for building on what you enjoy using, or expressing yourself (Seeing Sammy run around as Ash Williams, wielding a Hellsing-themed Primary and Nicki Minaj secondary that shoots pink tracer rounds is something else, but I've never seen more joy in bloodlust coming from her).

This Destiny bundle is exactly what you'd find in a Gacha game: An overpriced work skip that gives you a meager amount of in-game resources, and in this instance, three weapons that are already free with the Shadowkeep Ciphers.
I'm honestly surprised this bundle didn't include Sweet Business, Riskrunner, and Tractor Cannon instead, lol, and really screw over those New Lights.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread