Meeting Michiganians (DBO)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 22, 2024, 17:26 (11 days ago)
edited by Kermit, Monday, April 22, 2024, 18:04

I intended to post this long ago, and the water cooler thread reminded me. Since covid we've lacked in-person contact. I could say that explains some things, but I better not go there. I will report that I saw two non-local DBOers IRL last year. Both have the same first name, and both are from Detroit or thereabouts.

Finally met squid a year ago, and was delighted because doing so was definitely on my bucket list. He was not that far away in Charlotte, and we met up in between for some genuine North Carolina BBQ.

[image]

We talked about DBO and roller coasters and life. squid is every bit as nice in person as you'd expect.

Then, a few months later, Funkmon texted me. We'd met at a great LAN eight (!) years ago, and he was traveling south for all kinds of reasons you wouldn't believe, headed to FL.

We ate Mexican across the street from where I work, and had such a good time that we decided to get together again on his way back north.

[image]

We ate "city" (and therefore slightly less than genuine) North Carolina BBQ and talked about museums and life and death and fountain pens and a whole range of things because, you know, it's Funk. Love the guy. squid, too.

I miss seeing DBOers. I just described two of the highlights of 2023.

<3

Kerm

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread