The DBO Midwest Meetup (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, August 06, 2018, 17:43 (2088 days ago)

I'm not going to do a big write-up, but I did want to make a post about last week's meetup.

Stabbim, Funkmon, Dame Untamed, Bluerunner, Kermit and I rented in a house in KC. Levi and Breitzen also stopped by!

We visited the World War I memorial and museum, which was very good. We also did an escape room and broke it, and it was a lot of fun. Bluerunner, Kermit, and I also tried burgers with peanut butter on them, which was interesting.

We played lots of Destiny, some Reach, and some classic Halo 1 (Rockets on Prisoner, both normal, and with 400% health--both fun. Shotguns on Chiron, a normal Slayer Pro game on Hang 'Em High, and Crazy King on Battle Creek. Halo 1 still rules).

Breitzen and Levi both stopped by on Friday night. We had lots of fun and laughs, and rehashed a bunch of old conversations that we have on the forums all the time. I haven't laughed as I hard as I did this weekend in a long time.

Stabbim was kind enough to bring his racing wheel setup for me to try with Dirt Rally. I'm not sure whether to thank him or blame him for me having to spend $300 now.

This was the first B.org LAN/meetup I have ever attended, and I'm really glad I did. It was an absolute blast. Putting faces to the names is cool, and I now feel like I know those folks more than I would have otherwise, despite playing with some of them for years. I look forward to the next one!

Here's a few random pictures:

Bluerunner waited patiently at the airport for me to pick him up, and found out they apparently have a strict "No Buffalo" policy:

[image]

He also had some helpful suggestions to deal with stopped traffic:

[image]

Post-escape room:

[image]

Top Row: Funkmon, Stabbim, cheapLEY, Bluerunner, Breitzen
Bottom: Dame Untamed, Kermit

And one final group picture before we split up on Sunday (again, wish I could have stuck around for the day!):

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread