Is this your book? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, August 19, 2024, 09:42 (32 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I started watching it but didn't finish yet. Marty seemed upfront about the subjective nature of the story. He came across as a honest narrator, as a result.

He is upfront because he can be. I’ve interviewed people who have a different opinion and recollection of events. I would generally say that the things Marty says tend to be accurate given the overall picture, but there are things he omits which are also true.

It’s been a little tough since Bungie’s story is still ongoing, and there is an unwillingness (probably rightly so) to discuss anything recent. It all seems bad news anyway, so I might just have to finish what I have and call it the 2/3 history of Bungie.

You're young. Odds are you'll outlast them. I'm not saying that to be negative. It's a relatively young industry, and I wouldn't predict that any game developer will be like the Ford Motor Co., although a few have a shot.

Re: Marty omissions. I don't attribute it to malice. We all rewrite history in our heads--not always consciously. It's part of how we remember what we do remember. We shape events into memorable stories.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread