On criticizing your favorite game company (Destiny)

by Fuertisimo, Friday, December 06, 2013, 11:16 (3803 days ago)

So an idea I've been tossing around in my mind is to post an honest critique of all things Destiny related that can be analyzed to this point, things I find both positive and negative. I would do this for no other reason than that I enjoy analyzing things.

Bungie is my favorite video game company and has been since I discovered Marathon in the mid 90's. That being said, I am not what the gaming community would call a "fan boy". I do realize that Bungie is not perfect, and everything that they do is not incredible, amazing or the best simply by virtue of them having done it.

My question however is how do other (presumably hardcore, since they're here) fans feel about this? Are you able to acknowledge that Bungie can slip up at times without it threatening Bungie's standing in your mind?

Based on what I've read here, I think for the most part the answer is yes. While there's no real point to dwelling on what you think could have been done better, I think most of the people here are capable of being critical, to be acknowledge that fandom doesn't have to be blind loyalty.

What do you all think?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread