On criticizing your favorite game company (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, December 06, 2013, 13:53 (3803 days ago) @ Fuertisimo
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, December 06, 2013, 13:56

Bungie is my favorite video game company and has been since I discovered Marathon in the mid 90's. That being said, I am not what the gaming community would call a "fan boy". I do realize that Bungie is not perfect, and everything that they do is not incredible, amazing or the best simply by virtue of them having done it.

My question however is how do other (presumably hardcore, since they're here) fans feel about this? Are you able to acknowledge that Bungie can slip up at times without it threatening Bungie's standing in your mind?

Obviously Bungie can slip up. No multiplayer for Oni, no patch for M2, bad AI in Myth 1.0, all of ODST, weak set of launch maps for Reach, Weekend Warrior etc etc.

But, there is a difference between slipping up, and making poor fundamental decisions. One of these things I can forgive. The other I can't.

I used to love Blizzard to death, but guess what they have been doing lately? And that's precisely why I don't care about them anymore.

The more I see, the more I am convinced that Destiny's design is not a slip, but a poor fundamental decision.

Bungie USED to be my favorite game company, but now that is Platinum Games.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread