Beta timing (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Sunday, February 09, 2014, 17:48 (3735 days ago) @ Cody Miller

They're not asking you to do it for free. You get to play the game early, have a great time hopefully, and maybe never come across a glitch or something unbalanced personally.

They get to test their servers, and if something really unbalanced or unplayable comes up that gets some feedback online, well of course they're going to take a look at it.

You buy a game from EA. You just spent $59.99 without tax. Your money just went to an incomplete and busted product that takes months, if not a year, to fix. You talk about getting paid to test their stuff, how about you paying them for an unfinished product, and then they use you as the guinea pig to find all their broken trash they couldn't be bothered to test on their own pre-launch?

I found what I called a Bizarro Banshee bug in the Reach Beta. I saved that film (holy shit saved films for a Beta?) and uploaded it. It wasn't in Reach by launch. Maybe they already knew about it. Maybe they would have known about it eventually pre-launch. Maybe someone finds out post-launch and uh oh. I tried like hell to re-create it, but could only get it to do it the one time. I don't expect to be paid, nor did I expect to be paid, when I reported it. Betas just flat out help make your launch title better.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread