On Cross-Platform Play (Gaming)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, April 07, 2014, 14:41 (3679 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

If Destiny was next-gen only, I wouldn't be able to play it all. That's not segregation - that's exclusion.

Question: How long do you expect devs to keep supporting the 360 and PS3, anyway? They're not going to keep doing cross-gen games forever. Eventually you will have to upgrade if you want to play the latest games.

I have no expectations, only dreams! The only new game I'm interested in right now is Destiny. Other than that, I have a big backlog to keep me happy for quite some time, so I have zero interest in a new console right now.

If they go down in price a ways and start to accumulate a game library that piques my interest and hits the point where the games actually warrant the new technology (besides an increase of grit in the art direction, which I'm quite sick of), I might be interested.

But even then I can still wait longer for these potential games to get cheap. Very few games do I not have patience for - I just bought Bioshock the other day for five dollars, for example!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread