On Cross-Platform Play (Gaming)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, April 07, 2014, 17:48 (3679 days ago) @ rliebherr

Question: How long do you expect devs to keep supporting the 360 and PS3, anyway? They're not going to keep doing cross-gen games forever. Eventually you will have to upgrade if you want to play the latest games.

+1
It may not be the game in question, but eventually there will be an Xbox One exclusive. Halo 5?

I can't think of any announced next-gen exclusives that excite me right now. If anything I'm ready to go back and play the PS3 exclusives that I missed out these recent years.

EDIT: You posted mere seconds before my response, Leviathan! You're MUCH more patient than I am. I applaud you. Also, teach me.

Pick a trade that has .01% chance of making you money and makes you feel guilty when you're not working on it, and you'll find it pretty easy to let your wallet and the calender temper your day-one needs. :)

Actually, when I think about it, I guess I never got new games very often, even when I was younger. I would sometimes rent new games in middle school and high school, sure, but I can count my day-one games on my fingers. Final Fantasy VIII and IX, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and Halo 2 through Reach. Skyrim would have been another but I was completely broke at the time of its release (that's what happens you spend way too much of your time making Fistful of Arrows for a year, hah).

Perhaps other people just get excited about more games than I do - but for me, most games I can wait years to play and that works perfectly for my wallet. It also helps that a great number of books, comics, film, albums, and now television vie for my free time. And I suppose I'm years behind on most of those mediums as well.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread