Bungie music on Spotify (Gaming)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, April 13, 2014, 23:02 (3672 days ago)

To get right to it, does anyone know how Marty O'Donnell, Michael Salvatori and company feel about their music on Spotify? I've intended for years now to get some or all of the Halo soundtracks. I would never just download the music-- I don't want to break the law even if the law is questionable, and it absolutely deserves to be bought. A few months after Spotify became available in the US I thought to search for the music on there, and sure enough it's there. I didn't listen to it because I kind of still wanted to have physical, permanent copies of the music, and I had heard something once or twice about the money artists get from Spotify not being that much-- but I realized recently I'm not sure Marty & co. still even get money for this music, and if I did buy the soundtracks I would probably get them cheap on Amazon, so they would almost definitely be used, and again the support I wanted to give Marty and Bungie wouldn't go to them.
So, does anyone know how they feel about Spotify, and having their music on there, and people listening to it? If there isn't anyone in the community that knows, maybe someone closer in could ask them, possibly?
thanks in advance

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread