*stands on relatively modest soapbox* (Destiny)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, April 25, 2014, 13:36 (3662 days ago) @ Kermit

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/statuses/459509201073496064

It bodes well for Destiny. I'd be shocked if Bungie isn't able to support transfers between 360s and Xbones as well. Now let's keep hoping for cross-platform saves.

This is a good thing. Reminds me of how much I enjoyed watching "Last of Us" and "Tomb Raider" at the LAN and how mad arbitrary console restrictions make me. Yes I'm sure I could PC at least one of these, but I don't really remember right now and that's not my entire point right now.

Sure, I get that hardware stuff means more impressive and exciting games (I drastically prefer Titanfall on my PC than 360 in this regard) but JFC I wish this Microsoft/Sony bullcrap would go the way of Betamax/VHS and Blueray/Whatever the hell lost to them.

Can you imagine showing me a movie you really loved, but I had to spend $400 on the right machine to play it on? Or a book you really liked, but the $400 (are we going here?) tablet I have to read it on? And sure, this is an old argument, but seeing you and Stabbim show me those games really drove it home in a personal way.

Why not play Halo on Playstaion? Why not Metal Gear on XBOX? There are not satisfactory answers for this. And if anyone talks about that free market competition capitalist bullshit I'll get out a REAL soap box. :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread