I am slightly worried... (Destiny)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 09:06 (3646 days ago) @ petetheduck

I like Forge, but not at the expense of a more focused game.

I'm with you on this.

Theater mode, however, is a different matter.

Yes, between the two, I think Theater is more important.

I think we can all agree on that.

You thought wrong. Forge adds content, INFINITE content, while Theater simply allows you another method of digesting existing content. I accept that certain people may find Theater more important to their personal method of consumption, but I can't see how someone can say Forge is less important overall.

In my experience with Reach, a lot of that "infinite" content was utter crap, and its implementation soured me on the entire game. Have that again for Destiny? Lol no thanks.

Should YouTube cease to exist because most of its "infinite" content is utter crap?

YouTube wasn't implemented into Reach matchmaking. No one makes you watch the crap in order to use the service, especially the parts of the service you paid for.

That aside, maybe.

Hey, I'm with you--I distinctly remember playing traditional multiplayer in Halo: Reach and wishing there was a playlist that only featured developer maps.

That's not Forge's fault. The solution for that is not to remove Forge.

Yeah, I see now, and agree. My problem was the implementation, not Forge itself. And you and Bones have created some of my favorite Reach experiences.

I'd say a more convincing argument for me is that it allows folks like you to have fun, make some cool stuff, and also gives folks a Minecraft like play space to just do whatevers.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread