500 MILLION DOLLARS! (Destiny)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, May 08, 2014, 08:01 (3635 days ago) @ Reconcilliation

They might reach enough sales with cross platform release on everything... but they already nixed PC, which is probably the largest market they could've sold it on.

I don't understand what these guys are doing. Is Jason Jones even in charge?

Marty fired
Uninspiring gameplay
$500m budget
Not coming out on PC

This is starting to build into a disaster.

Too much "might" and "probably" to start predicting disaster, I think. Aliens: Colonial Marines was a disaster. Destiny isn't even out in the wild yet.

So let's break out some skepticism here, yeah?

What's the size of the console market, broken down between Sony and XBOX? What's the size of the PC market? Can I get some stats up here plz. Next, let's see how "uninspired" the gameplay is once the Beta comes out. We'll finally have some experience then. The 500 million dollar budget makes sense when you're thinking of a 10 year game plan for a AAA game series (along with all the other knicknacks and wackadoodles). We also still know next to nothing about Marty's termination, and have only our emotions and good feeling to decide it's absolutely a Bad Thing for Bungie and the Doom to End All Dooms.

Also, have you noticed how Bungie employees talk about working at there? Seems to me Jason is a lead, per se, but it's quite a grassroots, collaborative organization. Valve-like, but with a little bit more organization. Maybe even a little bit anarchist.

To say "Is Jason Jones even in charge?" is kind of ridiculous, really. It's not even a good question as far as I can tell.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread