What motivates spaceship investment? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 09, 2014, 19:00 (3645 days ago) @ Cody Miller

My guess and hope is additions to your ship provide small in battle benefits. Want a better motion tracker? Equip your ship with a radar dish. Want more ammo capacity? Add in a (stylish!) weapons locker. That sort of thing.

Interesting ideas!

Except Bungie has said you don't get to fly or fight in your ship. It's for getting from place to place, and you don't get to control it.

I believe he's talking about on foot combat. So your ship would be flying over head to provide these things for you.

I think if it could do that, someone would have mentioned that in the recent press dumps.

Are you really arguing that if something isn't in the current info dump then it's not possible for it to be in game? Especially with big reveals promised for E3. Doubly especially for a Bungie title? Just how short sighted, unimaginative, and ignorant of Bungie history are you?! :/

We know that your Ghost can be upgraded and it is hinted that it can be useful in direct combat but we haven't seen that yet. Is that not going to be in game?

We know vehicles can be upgrade and it has been hinted that there will be a vehicle capable of catering to an entire fireteam exists but have not seen either of these yet. Are those also not going to be in game?

We've been told we can upgrade individual armor pieces and that some give additional benefits but have not been shown that yet. Is armor upgrading not happening?

Hell, we've been told that that there will be mission on planets other than Earth but nobody has been able to report on that yet. Is playing on other planets out too?

I swear Cody, sometimes you are so closed minded it almost literally hurts.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread