Note on Vehicles (Destiny)

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 10:54 (3609 days ago) @ Ragashingo

So I'm not sure about a warthog type vehicle, but as a guy who loved vehicles in Halo and wanted them in Destiny... it gets complicated.

1. Vehicles have a different role now. Instead of Fight or Flight, they are most certainly all about flight. The Pike does some decent damage, but one super or well place shots and you're toast. The only exception is the interceptor, which is a bit OP right now, but again one super and it's gone.

2. Splatters are difficult and not efficient to kill enemies. I think this is the biggest departure from the past, vehicles are no longer this health based physics kill-all like they used to be. To get any splatters in the Pike, I had to shoot up a guardian a bit then juke into them. So it can be done, but the leg work involved almost outweighs the benefit.

3. Mobility has been improved dramatically. What use to be a bit antiquated handling for vehicles is now super charged with the sparrow and pike. The Pike is like a wild horse, it kicks around and can turn on a dime. With the awesome juke move added, it's my favorite vehicle right now. So on top of vehicles being weak to gunfire, they now encourage the flight mentality with excellent mobility for the getaway.

This is most certainly a move to focus on Destiny being a gun game, and so people like me don't do donuts around an area and get kills with an ammo-less killer.

And you know what? That's not bad. I welcome all other types of vehicles not yet seen, but I think they will stick along these lines. I don't think we'll see another almighty battering ram we did with the Chopper, but I could be wrong. I'm not sure that would be best for the game anyway.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread