Boss Rush or Rush Boss? (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 20:58 (3608 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Pyromancy, Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 21:01

Boss Rush or Rush Boss?

Destiny has major problems with intensity and crescendo. Boss fights in Destiny are not intense, seeing as how they do not change forms, and there is little penalty for dying. There is no Crescendo since the attacks are the same throughout, and the stakes are never raised.

Unless I'm incorrect, you have not played the entire game yet.

Boss Battle! Catch Phrase!(drink diet Dr. Pepper)
I realize, that with time and exposure, just about anything can be boiled down into a 'trope'. That is sort of unfair, sarcastic, and usually in a way de-values the topic at hand or patronizes the argument. I get that, but...

There are no rules set into stone. Why do games have to follow the pre-prescribed notions that have come before it and become stereotypical through time?

On that one level, Headed down the Boss Corridor, towards the Boss Room? When a Big Bad, Advancing Boss of Doom shows up? Don't worry! In case of Fight, Break Glass. Attack its weakest point, it turns red. Go For The Eye for massive damage. Scripted battle ensues. etc. etc. [ad infinitum ad nauseam]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread