Destiny Concern - Friends and Fireteams (Destiny)

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 02:21 (3599 days ago)

Hi all, not sure how many of you listen to Guardian Radio but they brought up an interesting point/concern in the latest podcast (Ep. 66) regarding Fireteams being locked to three people in strikes, raids etc but also explore mode.

Basically, the concern is that you are not able to team up with more than two friends even in the explore mode, which is strange given that explore mode instances can actually hold more than 3 players - random other people are matchmade into your instance after all.

The scenario given is three friends are already in a fireteam, exploring in Old Russia and I want to join them. I cannot join them through their fireteam because they already have three people. I go into explore mode, hoping that I'm placed into their instance, or that I might get matchmade into it - this doesn't happen, or is extremely unlikely. How do I join them and explore with them? I can't. Which is kind of weird considering the game is still matchmaking random other people in and out of my friends' instance anyway.

I understand strikes etc likely have a cap of 3 or six because they've been designed that way; but explore mode? That is designed for more than three people...but not more than three friends it seems.

TL;DR - 3 people in a fireteam, a fourth person cannot join and stay with them even in explore mode (which is actually designed to be able to have have more than 3 people in one instance).

What do you guys think? Is this a problem? Have Bungie considered this?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread