Alpha Centauri, Anyone? (Destiny)

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Thursday, June 26, 2014, 02:30 (3598 days ago) @ PerseusSpartacus

The story is an investment system.
Possibly we do not get to explore the outer planets in the first game? They have a much talked about '10 year story arc' that they have to pay off? Keeping part of the solar system 'off limits' for the time being might be in the best interest of the story and the successive content or titles that may come?

The solar system is being overtaken by The Darkness. Maybe we have combat Darkness and use the Traveller's Light, over time, to reveal planets and their moons after which they become "accessible" to us? A bigger, badder, evil awaits us out there. Or possibly the greatest of Evils hangs quietly, low above The Last City...waiting...

There's also the possibility that in later games we finally leave our Solar System and carry the fight elsewhere. After all, that has been hinted at, and really, humanity's empire is hinted as having extended beyond just our one little System, and now it is our goal to reclaim all that we have lost - that would include other Systems.

So, here's one possible line-up:

Destiny 1 - We are limited to a select number of planets, probably from Mercury to Saturn.
Destiny 2 - We now can access the entire Solar System, all the way out to Pluto.
Destiny 3 - We now have access to both our Solar System and a couple of other, smaller systems.

Yeah, I agree with your line of thought, and I'm more thinking something along the lines of your first possible lineup.
However, I know there's lots of talk out there about this first Destiny title including Jupiter, Saturn (or at least their moons), and the other planets in some way in some way, but I'm not pinning my hopes on that. I'm being conservative for now. For the first title I'm sticking with what we know is in the game at this stage; Earth, The Moon, Venus, Mars, The Reef, and possibly Mercury. That's already a huge amount of content; anything more in this first title is a massive plus for me.

P.S. Poor old Pluto isn't technically a planet anymore, however I guess it could still be in considering our Moon is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread