Alpha Centauri, Anyone? (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, June 26, 2014, 09:44 (3597 days ago) @ PerseusSpartacus

The solar system is being overtaken by The Darkness. Maybe we have combat Darkness and use the Traveller's Light, over time, to reveal planets and their moons after which they become "accessible" to us? A bigger, badder, evil awaits us out there. Or possibly the greatest of Evils hangs quietly, low above The Last City...waiting...

Big fan of the Distrust-the-Traveller camp. And I would expect our range in the Sol system to be limited until we bring the light of the Traveller to other points in-system. Makes plenty of sense. Whether those locations are simply opened up by completing missions, or whether they're opened up in successive rounds of DLC, I wouldn't have any issue.

I would be bugged, however, if we never got to see all the areas within our own system within D1.

Here's another possible line-up:

Destiny 1 - We are limited to our Solar System, but we have access to everything there (at least, everything within reason - I doubt we'll be able to walk on the surface of Jupiter).
Destiny 2 - We escape our System and make it to a couple of others, where the bulk of the difficult combat is - there'll probably be some alien fringe worlds here.
Destiny 3 - We start attacking the enemy Core Worlds, and probably even their own Homeworld[s].

This is the idea I like best.

A lot of it depends on the nature of the Traveller, though. Is it merely some kind of autonomous uplift drone? I guess it's all storyline content that we've yet to see, but I want to know whether the assistance is overt, or merely just a convenient byproduct of the Traveller's presence.

Wouldn't that be something if we meet the Traveller's creators somewhere down the line and they're astounded that we even exist, that we struggled and fought in the shadow of their deluxe Roomba and prevailed?

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread