Unsubscribers playing Destiny (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, July 05, 2014, 21:38 (3589 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Kermit, Saturday, July 05, 2014, 21:51

I have some questions I need answered pretty soon.

I know Xbox One allows a Gold subscription to apply to all members of a household and the PS4 offers something similar for PS+, and that's wonderful.

Basically, I need to know what the options are for playing Destiny on the different platforms based on if you do not subscribe to their live service.

PS3 Yes, unrestricted play
PS4 ?
360 ?
Xbone ?

My main concern is for those families who have one Gold subscription for the 360 at their house, but I figured others may want to know the other bits, too.

Kermit

Without PSN+ or Gold, you have access to explore and story missions. Anything that requires a fireteam you can't play.

So is the ability to form a fireteam the dividing line? Does this mean you can't play with others at all? Playing with others seems like a core design principle of Destiny. I don't see how it works without it. I know they say it's possible, but they also say it's not what they intended.

EDIT: Re-reading Spencer's quote I understand that other players can be present, but what is the experience for them? They can't follow me on my story mission because I'm not a Gold subscriber?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread