Happy Bungie Day, Bungie.org (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, July 07, 2014, 16:12 (3587 days ago) @ car15

Please comb through my post history before you make any assumptions about what I've said or what I expect from Bungie.

"Strictly speaking, I can no longer call myself a Bungie supporter."
You open up with being out of the team.

"Bungie, if you want me back, you're going to have to do some work."
"I am special, and I expect Bungie to cater to me."

"If Bungie wants to fellate Sony, that's fine with me, but they should have been up front with their fan base from the beginning instead of saving these exclusivity announcements for big reveals months away from launch."

You mean the ones that were announced and advertised ages ago? Ever since last year, the buzz has been that the PS4 version of Destiny would be the one to get. It was hinted and winked and as more news came out, it became more and more evident. That you decided to buy a different console anyway is not their concern, but you can't say that you had no idea.

"I already bought an Xbox One thinking that I would be able to play the same content as PS4 owners."

And as has been known for months already, you will eventually. Everything on one console will eventually make it to all others. I don't know why timed exclusives have blown your mind, if they've been a reality in the industry for many years now.

The exclusives don't bother me. Bungie's sudden face-heel turn away from Microsoft so close to launch, after saying nothing about these exclusives in the year and a half before now, is what bothers me.

You must have stepped out when it was announced over a year ago that the PS4 would be getting exclusive content thanks to their partnership.

I've already made an investment in Microsoft's console thinking that I would be getting the same game experience as PS4 owners.

And that's Bungie's fault? That you didn't take the one google search required to see which console would be getting the long-ago-announced perks?

Had I known the nature and extent of these exclusives a little earlier, I would have made a different investment, but I didn't, and now I'm stuck with an inferior Destiny experience because Bungie couldn't be bothered to communicate what they were doing in a reasonable time frame.

I think you also stepped out the entire year that the Xbox One has proven to be an inferior console both from a technical standpoint and from a multiplatform standpoint. On top of that, the exclusivity has never been secret. Heck, Bungie had input on the PS4 controller's design, for crying out loud. Should have been a light going off in your head.

You made a bad call, it happens, but you're buying a game. Destiny. Not Destiny: With-All-The-Stuff-That-The-PS4-Has-Because-That's-How-Timed-Exclusivity-Works. Besides, Destiny isn't the only game on the Xbox One, so your financial decisions haven't destroyed your world. Aren't you excited for the MCC?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread