If you are upset (Gaming)

by Avateur @, Wednesday, July 09, 2014, 21:40 (3585 days ago) @ Kalamari

I am just generally pissed off about Activision, all of the other garbage about dlc exclusivity and beta differences just makes me angrier. Oh, and then there's the announcement of 2 dlc expansions before release, wait, before the beta! I wonder how soon they will release the dlc, I hope it's longer than a month after release.

They can announce DLC prior to the game's launch. Nothing wrong with that at all. Destiny's a ten year plan, and there's the whole "Comet" things and whatnot. It doesn't mean that these are done, or that they'll even be ready until some time after the game launches. For all we know, it could be six months later. Now, if the DLC is playable at launch and they still request that you pay for it, well, it should have been included in the game at that point and yeah, that's some EA type of shady right there. I'm thinking it's not the latter. At least I hope.

I wonder if they will sell dlc that allows me to progress through the game faster? Because I am sure people will buy it, who cares if it negatively affects the game, it just means more money for Activision.

I bet Activision has all sorts of innovative ideas for squeezing money out of Bungie fans, I can't wait to find out.

I hope not again, but who knows.

It's going to be a long 10 years.

Well, not necessarily. Sort of the point of Cody's post, right? If things like you think might happen actually do play out, you could just stop. I don't buy games produced by EA anymore. It sucks, but I got fed up with it. There are some great developers working under them, but I couldn't deal with it anymore. I really hope not to go that route with Bungie because of Activision (or, gasp, because of Bungie itself), but ten years is a long time, right?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread