Location, Location, Location, Location. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 00:07 (3582 days ago)

Our community at large has guessed at Puerto Princesa as being the location of The City for quite a while now. I haven't found anything particularly new, but it struck me as I was poking through some stuff at how consistent Bungie has been about mixing in maps of the region into Destiny's promotional content over the years. The map was baked into the Alpha Lupi desktop, it's been in the backgrounds of the concept art, it's persisted through the Drawing Board series, and most recently it's even been the background of our solar system in the New Beginnings trailer. Clearly it was no accident.

I tossed together an example of each along placed (near) correctly on the old 1904 map image. We've got full coverage of the bay from top to bottom now which is pretty neat. One of my hopes for the Beta is to find some in game confirmation of The City's location. Some little map or coordinate hiding somewhere.

[image]

Anyway, nothing earth shattering... just nice to see some consistency over the last two plus years.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread