Stats boosting (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, July 18, 2014, 13:17 (3579 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Maybe I didn't notice this as much in the Alpha because the bonuses were lower, but DANG do stat bonuses make a difference. I maxed out (100%) discipline with a hunter, and combined with the scavenger ability, you can throw grenades like the good old days of Halo.

If you aren't familiar, discipline decreases your grenade cooldown, and scavenger also reduces it when you pick up items or ammo. There's a piece of gear that decreases it even MORE when you land a melee. Literally a ten second turn around sometimes.

I assume you're waiting to say how displeased you are about this. Personally I also want/wanted stats to have minimal influence.

Also fun is the sniper rifle which lets you shoot items and ammo to pick them up :-p

Using weapons to retrieve things is pretty cool and enjoyable, but a sniper rifle? That sounds maybe especially cool but also maybe overpowered, possibly really overpowered in some situations.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread